|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
|Type of group||Faith|
|Membership||Open to all!|
|Meeting place||Thompson Chapel|
Who Are We?
Williams Catholic works with the Chaplain’s office to provide Williams students with Catholic campus ministry, including the celebration of the sacraments and other devotional activities as well as providing a space for intellectual discussion about the Catholic faith. In addition, we organize social events roughly once a week to promote fellowship.
Where Are We?
Most of our scheduled events take place in the Newman Room, located in the basement of Thompson Chapel. Also located in the basement of Thompson Chapel is the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, where we host Mass on Sunday evenings and where other devotional activities (Rosary, Eucharistic Adoration, etc.) take place. Just walk in through the door facing the southern entrance of Sawyer Library! Also located in the basement of Thompson Chapel is the Interfaith Common Room, which makes the basement a nice place to study, hang-out, cook, or relax!
What Do We Do?
The purpose of Williams Catholic is to provide both necessary and enriching resources for Roman Catholic students. We organize weekly celebrations of the Mass and frequent opportunities for communal prayer as well as providing a space for people of all backgrounds to discuss and explore the Catholic faith! We aim to bring the Catholic student community closer together through open social events, as well as organized spiritual retreats, religious pilgrimages, and community service ventures! Information about events is communicated through our listserv, so please email ds6 if you would like to be added!
Usual Weekly Schedule of Devotional Activities:
- Tuesday: Weekday Mass, 5:15PM, CBS
- Tuesday: Rosary, 9:00PM, CBS
- Thursday: Weekday Mass, 5:15PM, CBS
- Eucharistic Adoration from 12:00PM to 1:00PM, followed by a 1:10PM Mass, CBS
- Catholics Unbound at 6:00PM, Newman Room
- Mass at 4:30PM, Thompson Chapel (Upstairs)
- Mass at 8:30PM, CBS
(CBS stands for the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament)
What Resources Are Available?
- The Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, located in the basement of Thompson Chapel, is open to all students for prayer, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Fr. Gary Caster (gcc1) is the college's Catholic chaplain, who, besides celebrating all student Masses, is available as a resource for all students. The Chaplain's Office is also open and available as a resource for all students.
- Sts. Patrick and Raphael Parish is a Roman Catholic church located on Southworth Street, directly behind Sawyer Library), open to all members of the community! You can find their Mass times on their website.
Where Can I Learn More?
Please feel free to reach out to any of the Williams Catholic board members, listed below.
Members of the Williams Catholic '16-'17 Board:
- Co-Presidents: Diana Sanchez (ds6), Jovana Calvillo (jc19), and David Vascones (djv1)
- Spiritual Life Coordinator: Maryanne Masibo (mnm2)
- Outreach Coordinator: Serapia Kim (shk1)
- Treasurer: Ryan Taylor (rjt1)