|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
[[Image:Baxter from lawn.png|left|Baxter as seen from Baxter Lawn, dressed up for commencement and reunions]]
Ground breaking for Baxter Hall took place on September 13, 1952, and the building was dedicated in February 21, 1954. Named for the [[James Phinney Baxter III]], Class of 1914, who served as [[President]] of the College from 1937-1961, the building has served as [[freshman]] center, student union and [[dining hall]], while providing office space for [[Category:Groups|student organizations]] and college [[departments]]. Cost to complete the building was 1.5 million dollars. Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, Kehoe and Dean was the architectural firm responsible for designing the structure.