|Willipedia is now back online as of 5/5/2019|
|It has been several years since Willipedia closed. Please help get it updated!|
|Go to the Willipedia 2.0 Project to learn more.|
IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.
The Paresky Center is the new student center, replacing Baxter Hall. It opened in January 2007, after two years of construction. It houses many important resources and services.
What it looks like
Above: an architect's rendering of what the Paresky Center would look like, created before Baxter came down.
Below: a photograph of the same view, the day before the Paresky Center opened.
Here are pictures of the opening.
Whitman's, more commonly called "Paresky," features a deli, a cereal station, a carving station for rotisserie chicken, Teppanyaki grills with a vegetarian and vegan focus, a salad station, and a pasta station.
Serves personal-sized pizza for lunch and dinner, and large pizza for late night (8pm-1am). Serves hot sandwiches, nachos, several flavors of wings, soup and salad for lunch, dinner, and late night. Pizza toppings are abundant.
Meal points can be used here for lunch, dinner, and excess points can be used at late night. Regrettably, guesting is not allowed.
The Paresky Center has a snack bar reminiscent of the old snack bar in Baxter, with curved walls and wooden booths. This is Lee Snack Bar, which is open every day from 8:30 am to 4 pm. You can use cash or Eph Points here, but not the meal plan.
However, when most people say Snack Bar, they mean the late night snack bar, which operates out of Whitman's from 8 pm to 1 am. If you have missed any meal during the current week, you can use those meal points here.
From a February 8, 2007 e-mail from Doug Schiazza:
- The Performance Space/Auditorium (L02) has 150 fixed seats, theater-style, and is A/V equipped. It has a small stage, with a green room and a dressing room behind the stage.
- The Dining Room (103) has 162 chairs with tables, and although it is primarily used for dining seating, it can be requested to be used when the Market Place is closed. The room has an integrated sound system, and opens to the south patio. Due to the nature of the space (primarily dining seating), reservation requests should be submitted to the Office of Campus Life through the online form at least 3 weeks in advance for consideration.
- The Class of '58 Lounge (222) has 22 seats, including couches & chairs, plus coffee/end tables, and has a maximum capacity of 86 combined with the Henze Lounge. This lounge, which overlooks Baxter Great Hall, features sliding doors to East Balcony and a wonderful view to the east. Please note that this is an open area (not private). Because this is a lounge, it typically must remain open for general usage. The maximum total time that the '58 Lounge may be reserved is 3 hours for any given 9am - 2am period without special permission from the Office of Campus Life.
- The Henze Lounge (223) has 22 seats, including couches & chairs, plus coffee/end tables and has a maximum capacity of 86 combined with the Henze Lounge. This lounge, which also overlooks Baxter Great Hall, features a wood-burning fireplace. Please note that this is an open area (not private). Because this is a lounge, it typically must remain open for general usage. The maximum total time that the Henze Lounge may be reserved is 3 hours for any given 9am - 2am period without special permission from the Office of Campus Life.
- Two Meeting Rooms (112 & 114) offer 12 chairs at a conference table. They are A/V equipped, have a blackboard, and have a pass-through door between them.
- One Meeting Room (207) offers 6 lounge chairs, plus coffee tables. It is A/V equipped and has a blackboard.
- Another Meeting Room (210) offers 8 chairs at a conference table. It is A/V equipped and has a blackboard.
- The largest Meeting Room (220) offers 20 chairs at a conference table. It is A/V equipped, has a blackboard, and has a wonderful view to the north and east (especially of Chapin Hall and of Baxter Lawn).